A Word from the 6th Column Moderator

  • kryslin@worldnet.att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2001
      Minna-sama:

      Please, if you need to get a hold of me, post something here, not in
      the 6th Column or Onimal groups. The RecRoom is for stuff like that,
      since this is, essentially, an open topic area.

      Now, on to why it's taking Steve more than a couple of hours to
      respond to things:

      1) I'm at my Parent's home, on thier computer. I only have webmail
      access (Yahoo! and AT&T), and am only checking once daily.

      2) I spent most of the day yesterday at the USAF Museum in Dayton
      Ohio, at the old Wright/Patterson AFB. I have seen planes that have
      been, up until last year, been -CLASSIFIED-. YF-22, F-117A, B-1A,
      SR-71, TACIT BLUE, X-29, B-52G, B-47, XB-70, MiG 15,17,19,21, and 23,
      all sorts of Cruise Missiles, and the US ASAT Missile. Neat Stuff, I
      know Badger and Zrath would -LOVE- the place (Note that this does NOT
      include the WW1 and WW2 collections, which are -extensive-, or the
      collection awaiting restoration, or the special displays, or the
      Missiles!).

      3) When I'm at my parent's place, I'm usually given a list of computer
      problems to work on. Finished the last one Tonight (My Mom's Zip250
      is not recognizing when a disc - any disc - is put in the drive).

      4) There are some shakeups going on at OPSCOM Central, having to do
      with losing the DSL line (Telocity's last mile provider went belly up
      in our area, and Telocity/DirectTV DSL told us we were "Shit Outta
      Luck". 5 other DSL providers have no immediate plans for out area, so
      we're getting Roadrunner Cable Modem Service. :) This should not
      affect anything whatsoever, but You Never Know...