Re: [RecRoom] Anime North 2002

  • McEvoy
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2001
      Actually you can claim the time driving from here to TO as far as I'm
      concerned since you carried the contents for Mechyard Wars.

      Buffalo Airport is an easy alternative, I believe there is a shuttle to
      Malton, it's easy enough to check.

      Norm

      Message 2 of 16 , May 27, 2002
         Well, at least we know there was one survivor.... ;)

         Wow, a police raid! Sure beats any of my con stories! You must tell us more when you're concious.

         ---PHIL

        Message 3 of 16 , May 28, 2002
          Minna:

          I've made it back home as well. Lotsa work. Lotsa Fun. Free Food!
          Free Soda! Entertaining (and educational, too) Roomie (Dr. Stevenson).
          Bring me the head of <name removed to protect the guilty>! Give me a
          hand cart and more power tools (and several azi) for the art room! Need
          to sleep, after I get done being so fatigued I can't sleep. 13 hours
          driving back will do that to you.

          And repeat after me : YOU ARE ALL COMING NEXT YEAR.

          Tach, you can consider that your invitation. Nab Phil on your way out.
          Badger, they have someone to handle shipping your wares back and forth.

          Travelogue and Staff Insider....

          Coming Soon!

          Message 4 of 16 , May 28, 2002
            > I've made it back home as well. Lotsa work. Lotsa Fun. Free Food!
            > Free Soda! Entertaining (and educational, too) Roomie (Dr. Stevenson).
            > Bring me the head of <name removed to protect the guilty>! Give me a
            > hand cart and more power tools (and several azi) for the art room! Need
            > to sleep, after I get done being so fatigued I can't sleep. 13 hours
            > driving back will do that to you.
            >
            > And repeat after me : YOU ARE ALL COMING NEXT YEAR.

            I'd really love to, believe me! See all you guys, many for the 1st time,
            have a lot of fun, chat everyone up, take a lot of photos, 'lax out with old
            and new buddies, and rent a U-Haul to bring all the money back... LOL!

            > Tach, you can consider that your invitation. Nab Phil on your way out.
            > Badger, they have someone to handle shipping your wares back and forth.

            That's nice! ^-^ Give me more info please. I've nailed down shipping
            costs inside the USA and from Japan, but I know nothing about Canada and the
            customs situation, nor "sales tax" and other taxes up there for that matter.
            We are squeaky clean on taxes and I wanna stay that way... :) :) :)
            Honesty is always the best way to go if you don't want something to rise up
            and bite you in the derriere someday later on... (vbg)

            > Travelogue and Staff Insider....

            Did Lillard make it up there? I'd love to see Anime North on his page...his
            really is the best con page out there and draws people from all over the
            world to great cons like Anime North... He won't take any perks though, in
            order that he can keep his fan objectivity, so I dunno how AN can get him to
            attend. (weep)

            Badger
          • McEvoy
            Message 5 of 16 , May 30, 2002
              Wheeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! Back on line finally, and almost caught up on the
              sleep thing. Spanking new motherboard, processor 17" monitor and VIDEO
              CAPTURE CARD!!!!!!! Oh the evil fun to be had.

              Eileen

              > I've made it back home as well. Lotsa work. Lotsa Fun. Free Food!
              > Free Soda! Entertaining (and educational, too) Roomie (Dr. Stevenson).
              > Bring me the head of <name removed to protect the guilty>! Give me a
              > hand cart and more power tools (and several azi) for the art room! Need
              > to sleep, after I get done being so fatigued I can't sleep. 13 hours
              > driving back will do that to you.
              >
              > And repeat after me : YOU ARE ALL COMING NEXT YEAR.
              >
              > Tach, you can consider that your invitation. Nab Phil on your way out.
              > Badger, they have someone to handle shipping your wares back and forth.
              >
              > Travelogue and Staff Insider....
              >
              > Coming Soon!
              >
              > Steve

              > While you're at it, read the stories in:
              >
              > http://www.egroups.com/list/sixthcolumn
              >
              > http://www.egroups.com/list/onimal

            • Kryslin Enderchai
              Message 6 of 16 , May 30, 2002
                Eileen:

                That was fast! If the machine went in the day I left...

                Of course, your machine is pretty damn fast now, if I remember the
                choices the saleperson recommended (and I agreed with), and should be
                suitable for the next 3 years or so...

                Brian gave me a CD-R with some stuff on it, including an AMV of Wierd
                Al's "I Think I'm a Clone Now", and 225 edited for archival posts of
                Saraswati.

                Christopher Franke's "Perry Rhodan : PAX TERRA" will be added in it's
                entirety (bad vocal tracks and all) to the Sixth Column soundtrack.
                Thank you, Brian, for finding this one.

                It has been suggested the Mr. Jordan's theme music should be Emerson,
                Lake, and Palmer's "Lucky Man". If you stop and think, it's the perfect
                choice. Brian and I had a chuckle over this one.

                I should piece together my Staff Insider and Travelogue sometime this
                weekend...

                You may want to send Badger a Dealer's Packet for AN 2003, including
                custom's brokerage info...

                Steve

                Message 7 of 16 , May 30, 2002
                  >Spanking new motherboard, processor 17" monitor and VIDEO
                  > CAPTURE CARD!!!!!!! Oh the evil fun to be had.
                  >
                  > Eileen

                  Now, now...don't raise your blood pressure...

                  Badger, envious ^-^
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 30, 2002
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 30, 2002
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 30, 2002
                        > > That was fast! If the machine went in the day I left...
                        > >
                        > > You may want to send Badger a Dealer's Packet for AN 2003, including
                        > > custom's brokerage info...
                        >
                        > That'd be nice. We'll probably be going back on the convention trail next
                        > year.
                        >
                        > BTW, I'm told Kevin Lillard DID go to AN,

                        Yup, and he even admitted in public to knowing you <EG>

                        Eileen

                        Message 11 of 16 , May 30, 2002
                          > > > That was fast! If the machine went in the day I left...
                          > > >
                          > > > You may want to send Badger a Dealer's Packet for AN 2003, including
                          > > > custom's brokerage info...
                          > >
                          > > That'd be nice. We'll probably be going back on the convention trail
                          next
                          > > year.
                          > >
                          > > BTW, I'm told Kevin Lillard DID go to AN,
                          >
                          > Yup, and he even admitted in public to knowing you <EG>
                          >
                          > Eileen

                          My, my, my.... (vbg) So, who asked him? I'm curious to know. ^-^

                          Badger
                        • Kryslin Enderchai
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 31, 2002
                            Eileen-sama wrote:

                            > Okay, just promise not to bitch too much about things we couldn't help, like
                            > the hotel not giving you enough towels. I swear, the complaints on the bbs
                            > are so petty for the most part.

                            Towels? I had no problem with those - I bring one of my own. My only
                            hotel issue was spotty service, expensive parking, and feeling that what
                            I paid for the room was far too much for what I got. Those are things
                            the con can do little about, of course, and that you won't hear from me.

                            No, things your most likely to hear about are : Fictional Speed Limits,
                            here and abroad; Semi tractor trailers, and the fun things that they
                            can do, like catch fire and explode, or vaporize deer; Why I-94 through
                            most of lower Michigan is the fastest way to get to AN; Why I won't be
                            taking Ontario Hwy. 3 again; Why there are car washes at nearly every
                            exit in Michigan from Ann Arbor through Kalamazoo; Art room fun;
                            Tabletop RPG gaming and why it's dying; What you're about to hear from
                            Donald about how "The panels weren't taken apart for me, someone told me
                            they need to be painted in fireproof grey paint, those horrible art room
                            volunteers took them all apart to put them together, when I had given
                            them a map on how to put them together, and I'm the only one who was
                            willing to do anything about the panels any way..."; and the fun you
                            can have with Kerosene and Fertilizer (courtesy of Dr. Stevenson), and
                            the only hemispherical panel van in Ontario.

                            Stuff like that. ;)

                            Badger: I believe It was Eileen who asked. :) I recognized the name,
                            and asked if it was the same Lillard from Genie.

                            Message 13 of 16 , May 31, 2002