5165Re: [RecRoom] Steve's Latest Madness [1 Attachment]

  • Hugh S. Miller
    Apr 20, 2014
      Pretty cool! Bet that wood cost you a bundle tho. (Pun intended)Nice execution!Badg

      On April 18, 2014, at 10:45PM, Steve Pettit wrote:

      As some of you know, my my Father passed away, I inherited an entire woodworking shop, chock full of dangerous tools.

      Well, after my cat walked across the top of my PC, and hit the rest button for the 3rd time, I decided I needed a new desk.

      I have the tools, the technology.  I can build it better, faster, stronger...  Ok, the middle one doesn't apply. :)

      So, I started with an idea.  Since I dabble in 3D modeling, I created my idea in 3D and rendered it out...
      Virtual Desk

      Doesn't look too bad, and I can do pretty much everything needed to make this a reality...

      That was 4 weeks ago.  This is what I've got now:
      Real Computer Desk

      I've got another week of sanding and staining to do yet, but I'm looking out the end of the tunnel now...