5126Re: [RecRoom] Last Sunday's Storms...

    Nov 20, 2013
      Far out.  Didn't see a thing about them though I read/watch news feeds/vids during the day.

      Badg

      On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 3:32 AM, Steve Pettit <kryslin@...> wrote:

      Many of you know about the freakish severe thunderstorms that rolled
      through my and Brian's area last sunday. While we only had some
      moderately strong storms pass through in Iowa, Washington Illinois was
      not so fortunate. I have an aunt, uncle, cousin, 2 great aunts and
      many second cousins living there, and they got flattened by an EF4
      tornado late Sunday morning.

      All my relatives have made contact, and everyone is relatively
      unharmed, but many of their neighbors were less fortunate, losing
      everything.

      And Brian - if you find any strange debris, it probably came from
      western Illinois - the twisters that hit Peoria and Pekin lofted
      debris high enough to catch the jet stream and come down in Chicago
      half an hour later...

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic