5117Re: [RecRoom] Fwd: the importance of 4 feet, 8.5 inches

    Sep 29, 2013
      I was the guy on the dark red electric scooter with the green photojacket and nearly white beard burning rubber all over the Con.  LOL!  Those things really crank up the speed.  There's a rheostat next to the horn and the keyhole on the control panel and you can adjust the thrust, so to say.  Most folks would set it and leave it, but I just had to play with it.  Used it like a throttle and kept the normal speed lever completely depressed.  -.^
      I felt like one of Darth Vader's minions in their fighter craft, with one hand on the crossbar steering, and the other hand on top adjusting the speed up and down.  Remember that dogfight scene in the movie?  That was me, today and yesterday.
      Really sorry I missed Norm and Eileen.  It would have been great to see them again.  =(
      I'll upload the "old man" pic once I get it off the camera.  They might recognise me.  I barely recognised myself.....
      Yeah, you always did keep great archives.  I didn't know you had all THAT much though!  O.O;;
      Early AM appt tomorrow at VA.  Need to get some sleep.  Knowing me I'll just lay there and read, but hopefully I'll doze off fairly soon...

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM, Steve Pettit <kryslin@...> wrote:

      Hmm, I know of some mutual acquaintances who were looking for you at AWA...  I suspect Norm and Eileen will tell us of their misadventures next weekend.

      I have a pretty complete archive of GEnie stuff from the Japan RT, and really good archives of the Anime Stuff.

      On 9/30/2013 1:08 AM, Hugh Miller wrote:
      I sure did, Steve.  Amazing you remember that!  I cracked up on the "horse's ass" ending to this one.  I almost didn't read it to the end because it was so familiar, but then they put that spin on it.....
      Gawd, 20 years ago...seems like only a couple of them.  Damn, time flies when you're having fun.
      Made it to AWA this year.  Jingoro (Daric Jackson) swung a 3-wheeler electric scooter for me so I was up there Sat and Sun and got to see folks I had not seen for 2 years.  I missed last year completely.  =(
      I also missed the costume contest judging and I was hoping to shoot a lot of pics at it.  Got in too late Saturday.  Drat.
      Biggest crowd I've ever seen to this point at AWA.  They had to make some major halls one-way only because of the flow back and forth between the dealer rooms and the main area.  No idea of attendance levels yet though.  Didn't make it to the Artist's Alley dealer room either--not used to it being separate, so never thought about it.  It's been in its own good-sized (large? big?  huge?) room/display hall for several years now.
      To show you how out of touch I am with anime and J-Pop these days, we had someone or thing called Vocaloids give a show today and once again the registration line was so huge most of the people were just sitting on the floor waiting.  No idea who the Vocaloids are, and not even sure if that's the right name for them--I only heard it twice when I asked about the line.
      I got some shots, and one of them was taken of me with my camera.  I looked at it and thought "who is the old man?".  Sheesh....
      All those young kids I was in Anime-X (the club) with and who started AWA are now hitting early middle age and gaining weight.  Me, I've lost weight (no choice, really).  Where the heck did all those years go?????  It was just yesterday, drat it......

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM, Steve Pettit <kryslin@...> wrote:

      I believe you posted something similar on GEnie nearly 20 years ago.

      "Standards come and go, but MilSpecs are FOREVER... :) "

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic