5115Re: [RecRoom] Fwd: the importance of 4 feet, 8.5 inches

    Sep 29, 2013
      I sure did, Steve.  Amazing you remember that!  I cracked up on the "horse's ass" ending to this one.  I almost didn't read it to the end because it was so familiar, but then they put that spin on it.....

      Gawd, 20 years ago...seems like only a couple of them.  Damn, time flies when you're having fun.

      Made it to AWA this year.  Jingoro (Daric Jackson) swung a 3-wheeler electric scooter for me so I was up there Sat and Sun and got to see folks I had not seen for 2 years.  I missed last year completely.  =(

      I also missed the costume contest judging and I was hoping to shoot a lot of pics at it.  Got in too late Saturday.  Drat.

      Biggest crowd I've ever seen to this point at AWA.  They had to make some major halls one-way only because of the flow back and forth between the dealer rooms and the main area.  No idea of attendance levels yet though.  Didn't make it to the Artist's Alley dealer room either--not used to it being separate, so never thought about it.  It's been in its own good-sized (large? big?  huge?) room/display hall for several years now.

      To show you how out of touch I am with anime and J-Pop these days, we had someone or thing called Vocaloids give a show today and once again the registration line was so huge most of the people were just sitting on the floor waiting.  No idea who the Vocaloids are, and not even sure if that's the right name for them--I only heard it twice when I asked about the line.

      I got some shots, and one of them was taken of me with my camera.  I looked at it and thought "who is the old man?".  Sheesh....

      All those young kids I was in Anime-X (the club) with and who started AWA are now hitting early middle age and gaining weight.  Me, I've lost weight (no choice, really).  Where the heck did all those years go?????  It was just yesterday, drat it......

      Badg

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM, Steve Pettit <kryslin@...> wrote:

      I believe you posted something similar on GEnie nearly 20 years ago.

      "Standards come and go, but MilSpecs are FOREVER... :) "