5110Re: [RecRoom] Judge Dredd

  • Eric Bitton
    Sep 22, 2013
      Yes, yes they did.
      It's a bit low-budget but they really captured the tone of the comicbook.
      I have it on Blu-ray.
      Our friend Karl Urban is just full of surprises. :)

      Zrath (Judge Kzin)

      On 9/22/2013 12:25 PM, Hugh Miller wrote:

      Someone made a damn good movie in 2012 of Judge Dredd, finally!

      I understand it was a commercial flop and it's not hard to see why, as one commenter said "everyone thought it was a remake of a crappy Stallone movie and didn't bother to go".  I felt the same way and skipped it.  Stallone ruined Judge Dredd and I knew he would so I never bothered with that one either.

      This 2012 version is pure original Dredd all the way.  Exceedingly violent.  Matches the original comic, which I began reading in 1984 or 1985 in an imported British comic tabloid when I had a comic shop.

      If you have the stomach for it, see the 2012 Urban-Thrilby version of Judge Dredd.  Between throwing up (or wanting to) you'll see it's the real goods.

      Badger, watching it a second time =)

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic