de WO9DX

  • kz4dx
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
      Hello members
      I have been away for a while since my move fom Florida to Illinois. I have changed my call. I finally got my station back together, it took a while since I had terrible noise issues caused by a bad transformer outside my home. It was a long hard battle with the power company but I finally got them to replace the Xformer. I will get some photos posted soon. Looking forward to chewin the rag with you all soon.
      73 de Jim/WO9DX
    • K3ZXL
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
        I hope that you are not planning on "chewing the rag" on 60 meters. It is highly discouraged and not the intent of 60 meter band.
        Cheers, DX, 73
        Dan Schaaf
        ==================================
        K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
        Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
        NOBSKA www.nobska.net
        ==================================

        Sent from my Ham Radio computer since I do not have a Blackberry
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2010
          top reply.....

          Well, that is disgusting, no rag chewing
          on 60 meters. You must be kidding, the
          so called emcom guys do not own the band.
          73....Walter - K5EST

          --- In 60meter@yahoogroups.com, "K3ZXL" <dan-schaaf@...> wrote:

          > I hope that you are not planning on "chewing the rag" on 60 meters. It is highly discouraged and not the intent of 60 meter band.
          > Cheers, DX, 73
          > Dan Schaaf
          > ==================================
          > K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
          > Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
          > NOBSKA www.nobska.net
          > ==================================
        • G8TOK
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 10, 2010
            Very probably true, but if I had 10 pounds (or dollars) for every time the
            tiny number of common DX channels were blocked by people waffling I could
            now have retired!! :-))

            60 metres is a TINY shared resource and if you want to waffle please do it
            on exclusive USA channels. Thanks....

            (That goes for a few EU stations who are taking over the common channels
            with constant CQ calls too. Take a break occasionally guys, please, and
            share the valuable propagation time).

            73

            Derek G8TOK

            Well, that is disgusting, no rag chewing
            on 60 meters. You must be kidding, the
            so called emcom guys do not own the band.
            73....Walter - K5EST

            --- In 60meter@yahoogroups.com, "K3ZXL" <dan-schaaf@...> wrote:

            > I hope that you are not planning on "chewing the rag" on 60 meters. It is
            highly discouraged and not the intent of 60 meter band.
            > Cheers, DX, 73
            > Dan Schaaf
            > K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
            > Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
            > NOBSKA www.nobska.net
          • James
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 10, 2010
              I used the phrase "Rag Chew" not meaning I would hog any frequency on sixty. I hope this does not turn into a big battle like the "morning grop" topic here a few years ago. I'm sure we all know how sixty works. I have enjoyed the band for years before it became as popular as it is now. So with that being said, no rag chewin, waffling or hoggin !

              73 de Jim/WO9DX