Re: How DOES the PA0RDT miniwhip work?

  • vk1od
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2 2:50 PM
      --- In 600m@yahoogroups.com, "vk1od" wrote:

      >... I will write it up in a web page.

      I have written up two NEC-4 models of a PA0RDT MiniWhip on a 10m mast,
      and an isolated system with 1m of feed line to a rx at 1m above ground.

      The draft article is online at
      http://vk1od.net/antenna/PA0RDT-MiniWhip/index.htm .

      The models are quite consistent with my experiments, and explain why the
      shorter isolated configuration worked much better than the thing on top
      of the tallest mast here.

      Comments welcome.

      Owen
    • Dimitrios Tsifakis
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2 3:08 PM
        Hello Owen,

        do you mind if I forward your analysis link to the RSGB mailing list? There are some people with strong technical background, including PA0RDT, in that list and I am interested to see their comments.

        73, Dimitris

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2 3:19 PM
          --- In 600m@yahoogroups.com, Dimitrios Tsifakis <dtsifakis@...> wrote:

          > Hello Owen,
          >
          > do you mind if I forward your analysis link to the RSGB mailing list? There
          > are some people with strong technical background, including PA0RDT, in that
          > list and I am interested to see their comments.

          Not at all, the article on my web site is public.

          I realise that my analysis does not support traditional thinking, so it will be dismissed by most... that is the way of ham radio where popularity is held to determine fact!

          Owen
        • vk1od
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 7 10:14 PM
            --- In 600m@yahoogroups.com, Dimitrios Tsifakis <dtsifakis@...> wrote:

            > Hello Owen,
            >
            > do you mind if I forward your analysis link to the RSGB mailing list? There
            > are some people with strong technical background, including PA0RDT, in that
            > list and I am interested to see their comments.

            You are right that it does seem a more technically interested group, and my article seems to have set the cat among the pidgeons.

            I have recorded a short video demonstration of a stand alone PA0RDT MiniWhip + receiver all battery powered and with various configurations of whip length and length of conductor below the receiver, with and without connection to a simple ground electrode.

            The video is embedded in the article at http://vk1od.net/antenna/PA0RDT-MiniWhip/index.htm for those who may be interested.

            Owen