Re: R90/5 Oil Cooler

  • scrocker1
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 5, 2009
      A company in Israel sells a sump spacer plate that converts an airhead
      twin to an external spin-on type oil filter (hard mounted to the sump
      spacer plate) with the option of adding an oil cooler. My
      recollection is the plate was fairly expensive. However, a spin-on
      type filter is much more convenient. It's on my list of possible
      bling for my customer R80G/S.

      ---Steve

      30 years ago at rallies I saw where riders made their own oil coolers
      & external filters. . . .
    • Anton Largiader
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 6, 2009
        Actually it's a German company, but the name throws a lot of people.

        http://www.motoren-israel.com

        The plate is pictured at:
        http://www.motoren-israel.com/popup_image.php?pID=16&imgID=0

        "scrocker1" <scrocker1@...> wrote:
        > A company in Israel sells a sump spacer plate that converts an airhead
        > twin to an external spin-on type oil filter (hard mounted to the sump
        > spacer plate) with the option of adding an oil cooler.

        Anton Largiader Charlottesville, VA
        K75RTx2, R100GSPD, R1100RSA, R75/5x2, R51/3 (hers)
        R100GS, R100R, XR400R, 98 Jetta TDI
        anton at largiader.com http://largiader.com