Re: Powder Coat Gas Tank?

  • bikpaintr
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31 6:25 PM
      --- In 5united@yahoogroups.com, Steve Crocker <scrocker1@y...> wrote:
      > There is a powdercoating compatible filler that can be used
      > for dents/dings.

      There is but the results I've seen haven't been impressive. Without
      the ability to prime & block the repair smooth it does not blend
      into the surrounding area. You will see a slightly recessed ring
      around the area where filler is used. Another consideration is
      whether the coating inside the tank will stand up to the 400* heat.

      John B.