RE: [5united] Saddle bags

  • Kelly Ramsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
      Go to our homepage at www.5united.net and click on the "list of photos".
      You can see photos of most of the options that are available. My
      favorite is pictured under the title "wixom fairing & bates bags". This
      style of Bates bags is identical if not actually the wixom bag. I like
      the wixoms and this photo shows them painted up nice and pretty with the
      matching stripes. If you are more into functionality than looks then I
      would choose the Krausers as they hold a lot and are east to take on and
      off. When shopping check the www.ibmwr.org site. When you get the
      mounting hardware make sure it is for the short wheel base /5 and not a
      long wheel base, unless yours has been altered.
      Good luck,
      Kelly Ramsey

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2003
        Chris,
        I've got a near perfect set of original Krauser touring cases with rack that came off my SWB R75/5. It has keys with original leather Krauser fob. I was planning on putting them up with a bunch of other stuff in my garage attic summer cleanout. I can send digital pix.

        Stephen in Seattle
        3 Beemers and a Buell

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2007
          I have a page on bags that may be useful for you. http://www.w6rec.com/duane/bmw/bags/index.htm