Re: [56Jonly] Re: Trunk mat

  • jim kranak
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 30, 2013
      really good Idea. I live in Dothan and will get over to Twitchell. I have spoken to a couple people  that currently work there

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 30, 2013
      Jim:

      Let me know if they any patterns closer to the original in their present inventory.

      Here are shots of an original Mattex trunk liner and my trunk.

      Bill L.
    • August Daub
      Message 3 of 12 , Feb 9, 2013

        Jim,

        Did you ever get over to The Twitchell Co. to check out the mat material?

        An aside, went to flight school at Ft. Rucker, Dothan was the big city then.

        Gus

        At 10:40 AM 1/30/2013, you wrote:

> [...]

        The mat is not exact but "close enough to authentic" for me. I'm not going to pay $500 for the current mats. I think my car is good, but it's not a 100 point car.

        If you write an e-mail to me, I'll send a photo of the mat to you. (BTW, our 56J is Mocha and Doeskin so the mat goes well with the colors.)

        Good luck.

        Bill L.

        --- In 56Jonlygroup@yahoogroups.com, "August_Daub" wrote:

        > Happy labor Day weekend everyone.
        >
        > According to Frank, our cars do not use the hounds' tooth
        > materal in the trunk. Anyone know a source for the other material?

      • rollindanny530
        Message 4 of 12 , Feb 9, 2013
          Wow Fort Rucker!! I was there in 64 and came back 13 months later in 65.

          Vince