Welcome from Spokane

  • Jack Vines
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2002
      Greetings, '56Js,

      Great to finally have a '56J group. I am Jack Vines, Spokane, WA, have been
      driving Studebakers for 40 years and have owned a couple of '56Js over that
      time.

      My current '56J project promises to be the strongest Packard V8 ever. It
      has a Latham supercharger, Electromotive fuel injection and crank triggered
      ignition. Am working on a custom piston and connecting rod design to handle
      the pressure.

      I am looking for a good 374" block. My 352" block has a sleeve in #1
      cylinder. It has run fine for 15 years and 50,000 miles, but would like a
      fresh block for as much horsepower as I hope to be making.

      I will have many speed parts - Isky cams, lifters and pushrods, aluminium
      flywheel - left over from this project for sale. If interested, let me
      know.

      thnx, jv.

      to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or
      prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender,
      and delete the material from any computer.