Small tool bits

  • peter heinlein
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
      Carl wrote "I didn't know that they made QCTP smaller than 100 AXA which accepts .5" tool bits. "  -- I have a Tripan-Swiss QCTP (their Type 111, I think) on my Maximat, with holders that take 10mm (3/8") cutters max.  Fortunately they also make holders for 1/2" cutters, and I have two of them.

      PeteH
    • Ron Thompson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
        On 6/1/2011 9:46 AM, peter heinlein wrote:
        Carl wrote "I didn't know that they made QCTP smaller than 100 AXA which accepts .5" tool bits. "  -- I have a Tripan-Swiss QCTP (their Type 111, I think) on my Maximat, with holders that take 10mm (3/8") cutters max.  Fortunately they also make holders for 1/2" cutters, and I have two of them.

        PeteH
        A2Z, for one, makes a smaller QCTP, sized for Taig, Sherline, and Unimat lathes.

        I had one on my Taig, but sold it.
        It was another source of lost rigidity in an already not too rigid lathe.

        The lathe works fine with a block tool holder.

        In truth, it's as quick to swap tool blocks as it is to use a QCTP on that lathe.

        --

        Ron Thompson

        There are two kinds of posts on newsgroups.
        1. This is what I have done...
        2. This is what I think...
        Be aware of the difference!

        http://www.ourcadguy.com/