Re: [4x6bandsaw] Re: Parrafin vs. Beeswax

  • dswr@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2002
      Jim,

      Got a chance to open my saw today... and yes, there were a lot of chips
      on and around the wheels. I don't know if these will effect the
      operation of the saw. Seems that I had these chips with other lubes, but
      don't remember if the amount was less or the same.

      It would be nice if we could cut every thing without lube! 8-)

      Leo (in sunny pearland)
    • Jim E.
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2002
        Many do cut dry. I'm' 50-50: if it's a "large" piece, I'll lube with
        wax, else I'll let it go as is. I'd love to have a mess-less drip
        system, but the setup would probably be too much for my meager usage.
        Frankly, I don't know what wax really does - it lubes, granted, but to
        me it's not a good coolant not is it good for chip evacuation (I've seen
        'em come back around and stack up, wax 'n all, at the beginning of the
        cut).

        Graciously,
        Jim
        Lakewood, CA