Dead Links

  • n9gtm
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
      Howdy all,

      I'm new here and was poking around in the Files and Links
      sections, and I found some dead (and spam) links in the
      Links section. Perhaps a moderator can verify & correct
      them?

      Yuwie site
      looks like spam

      4x6 Bandsaw at KU
      http://users.tkk.fi/kukkonen/bandsaw/bandsaw.html
      URL not found

      Blade Basics (Lenox)
      long, ugly link drops you into J&L Industrial Supply catalog

      Complete Plasma Cutter Plans
      eBurn dead item

      Grizzly's 4x6 Bandsaw
      Product 12033 appears to be obsolete
      Following appears to be current and includes manual download links:
      http://grizzly.com/products/4-x-6-Metal-Cutting-Bandsaw/G0622

      Harbor Freight's 4x6 bandsaw
      37151 seems to have been replaced by 93762 which I posted

      HomeShopMachine
      dead yahoo group

      KBC Tools 4x6 Bandsaw
      unexpected error (usually just means "dead")

      KBC Tools Jet 4x6 Bandsaw
      unexpected ... <yawn>

      Machining
      redirects to generic Search Spam

      Model Engineering Home Page
      permission denied (probably doesn't exist anymore)

      Northern Tools 4X6 Bandsaw
      Item 15574 no longer available

      Oil chart
      good 'ole Link Rot ... gone

      Sawing Solutions Magazine Free literature
      dead domain: sawingsolutions.com

      cold air gun
      How it works link is MIA

      TIA,
      Jim
    • sned1
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
        Better now? Somethings have changed on the web in the last...er...few years. Hopefully y'all can feel free to submit any new cool links for both tools and tips and the like as you see them in the future as well.

        Thanks.
        --- In 4x6bandsaw@yahoogroups.com, "n9gtm" <jim.n9gtm@...> wrote:

        > Howdy all,
        >
        > I'm new here and was poking around in the Files and Links
        > sections, and I found some dead (and spam) links in the
        > Links section. Perhaps a moderator can verify & correct
        > them?
        >
        > Yuwie site
        > looks like spam
        >
        > 4x6 Bandsaw at KU
        > http://users.tkk.fi/kukkonen/bandsaw/bandsaw.html
        > URL not found
        >
        > Blade Basics (Lenox)
        > long, ugly link drops you into J&L Industrial Supply catalog
        >
        > Complete Plasma Cutter Plans
        > eBurn dead item
        >
        > Grizzly's 4x6 Bandsaw
        > Product 12033 appears to be obsolete
        > Following appears to be current and includes manual download links:
        > http://grizzly.com/products/4-x-6-Metal-Cutting-Bandsaw/G0622
        >
        > Harbor Freight's 4x6 bandsaw
        > 37151 seems to have been replaced by 93762 which I posted
        >
        > HomeShopMachine
        > dead yahoo group
        >
        > KBC Tools 4x6 Bandsaw
        > unexpected error (usually just means "dead")
        >
        > KBC Tools Jet 4x6 Bandsaw
        > unexpected ... <yawn>
        >
        > Machining
        > redirects to generic Search Spam
        >
        > Model Engineering Home Page
        > permission denied (probably doesn't exist anymore)
        >
        > Northern Tools 4X6 Bandsaw
        > Item 15574 no longer available
        >
        > Oil chart
        > good 'ole Link Rot ... gone
        >
        > Sawing Solutions Magazine Free literature
        > dead domain: sawingsolutions.com
        >
        > cold air gun
        > How it works link is MIA
        >
        > TIA,
        > Jim

      • n9gtm
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
          --- In 4x6bandsaw@yahoogroups.com, "sned1" <sned1@...> wrote:

          > Better now? Somethings have changed on the web in the last...er...few years. Hopefully y'all can feel free to submit any new cool links for both tools and tips and the like as you see them in the future as well.
          >
          > Thanks.

          Yep, thanks. I figure I owe it to the people who posted the
          original links to take a fresh spin thru them when I join a
          new group. Kind of payback for the cool stuff I find.

          Jim