Drill Rod

  • redchief344
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
      Should I be able to cut O1 drill rod with a 10-14 bi-metal blade?

      I ask because it is described as machineable, yet after cutting some
      1/2" drill rod my blade was toast!

      Thanks,

      Bill
    • jworman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2008
        --- In 4x6bandsaw@yahoogroups.com, "redchief344" <redchief344@...> wrote:

        > Should I be able to cut O1 drill rod with a 10-14 bi-metal blade?
        >
        > I ask because it is described as machineable, yet after cutting some
        > 1/2" drill rod my blade was toast!
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Bill

        The '01' doesn't mean anything to me. I don't suppose all drill rod
        is created equal. I cut some that I bought from Enco (air hardening
        it said) and it cut OK. Maybe it wouldn't if I leave it in the air
        too long.. :-)

        I use the 'Morse' brand blades from Enco and like them pretty well. I
        have a couple of the bi-metal ones, but I don't use them a lot as I
        cry when I discover I'm cutting something too hard.

        Well, I haven't said much except I have cut some air hardening drill
        rod with a carbon blade.

        HTH

        John