The Red one !

  • fishermanfred1
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
      Ok all, Im having trouble learning how to reply to comments that you
      have made about my posting. So if you havent seen comments I have made
      to your responce, dont think anything of it,Im trying. Maby someone can
      tell me how to send an answer back? Im new with computers. Anyway,I
      went and got the third saw today and it also has the Bareing scream to.
      This leaves me no choise but to learn to live with the noise. Does
      anyone know what that (Black angle shaped metal is for)? It comes in
      the box to be atached to something but I cant find a place to put it .
      And cant seem to see a picture in the book of where it goes. It looks
      like that it might measure 4x6x10 inches? Thanks, Fred
    • yahoogroups
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
        Anyway,I
        > went and got the third saw today and it also has the Bearing scream.
        > This leaves me no choice but to learn to live with the noise.

        After the second saw I'd have asked HF for a refund and started
        looking elsewhere for a saw. There are other choices. Figuring your
        expenses for returning 2 saws and all the agravation involved, you
        could have bought top of the line equipment for less. After watching
        several lists and hearing of the high level of lemons sold by HF I
        doubt that they'll see any of my money in the foreseeable future. On
        my limited income I can't afford nonsense like this. I need to get
        _value_ for my money and that very often means not going with the
        lowest price. I usually have to do without until I can save up the
        price of what I want but it has been a good policy so far. Instant
        gratiffication is often short lived.

        Fergus
      • Steve DeMerell
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
          I think the plate you are talking about is for use as a table around the blade when you stand the saw up in the vertical position.
          Steve D.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
            Black angle piece on my old 1998 green saw is the rear
            support for the base plate installed when you use the
            saw in a vertical configuration. 2 screws attach the
            plate to the arm that contains the blade guide. Look
            for a 3rd hole through the plate and hold the bracket
            up to the plate in line with the hole to figure where
            it attaches to the saw.

            Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
          • Fred Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
              Ok J Blake, I will check it out !    Thanks, Fred

              J Blake <airkuld@...> wrote:
              Black angle piece on my old 1998 green saw is the rear
              support for the base plate installed when you use the
              saw in a vertical configuration. 2 screws attach the
              plate to the arm that contains the blade guide. Look
              for a 3rd hole through the plate and hold the bracket
              up to the plate in line with the hole to figure where
              it attaches to the saw.

              Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
              http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ newmail_tools. html

              with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.