Re: [4x6bandsaw] Re: Vertical Cutting Misalignment

  • Bob Cyr
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi Glen,

      Thanks for making the measurements and passing them along. It is
      fortunate that your machine is doing so well, especially after use by
      two sons.

      The world certainly needs more just-for-grins activities, and you
      have done your part.
      Bob

      >Just for grins I checked mine.. Mine is about 13 years old and was
      >purchased from some traveling truck show :)
      >The bed of the vice is level with the axel within about .003" in 4"
      >(used a starrett 6" level) The blade has about the same tracking
      >error when going from 7.25" to 0. (about .003") I did discover one
      >interesting thing though..
      >My vise bed is about .008" lower than the bed on the other side of
      >the blade slot. I'm not going to fix it :)
      >I get fairly repeatable cuts that are less than .005" off across a
      >3" round. I have a hydraulic down feed I put together from a
      >cylinder from surplus center and if I adjust the feed too heavy it
      >will wander a bit more.
      >If I couldn't take that saw back I would bore out one ear and
      >machine an excentric bushing to install so I could dial in the saw
      >and adjust for wear later. Course mine is prety old and hasn't shown
      >enough wear to notice yet. Suprising as it survived two sons using
      >it to make dune buggies and gocarts and trailers with.
    • Bob Cyr
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 1, 2006
        Hi John,

        Thanks for making the measurements and posting them.

        I am working on a fix and will post results as they are available.

        Bob