Re: [4x6bandsaw] Saw tricks I've tried

  • dswr@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      Good tips!

      Here is one I have tried... Had a 3" diameter brass rod that needed a
      1" length, sliced off of it. The stock was not long enough to be held in
      the vise. (only about 1.5" long, as well as i can remember)

      To solve the dilemma, I used an automotive hose clamp (the one with the
      worm and pinion tightener) to hold the stock in place. This was wrapped
      around the stock and the outside flat surface across the blade from the
      vise.

      To handle large diameter work, you can couple these hose clamps together
      to make them long enough to accommodate the stock.

      Another tip... When cutting thin material, make sure that a least 2
      teeth (three's better) contact the cross-section of the material.
      (otherwise, you may strip some teeth... not good)

      Leo (in pearland)
    • dswr@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2002
        Oops!

        Should read "worm and rack", not "worm and pinion".

        Sorry,
        Leo