Metal Cutting Bandsaws

  • peppermark1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2003
      Dear Friends....Looking to purchase a small 4X6 size metal cutting
      bandsaw. Would like to hear any input from other fellow enthusiasts
      that have purchased Grizzly/Jet/HF and any other makes. The best
      value I've found so far has been the HF. Please feel free to share
      your experiences. Any insight, direction, assistance or
      recommendations you can offer will be appreciated. You may email me
      direct if you choose.Thank you all for taking the time to review this
      request. Kindest Regards - Pete pmark@...
    • lenord@gototelescopes.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2003
        Hi Pete,

        I have the 4 x 6 HF model. I am very happy with it's performance. Arrived
        mostly assembled. I easily completed the rest of the assembly in less than
        an hour. It cut's metal like nobody's business.
        I have a Lennox (?) bi-metal blade and band aide fluid arriving Tuesday from
        J&L.
        I use mine almost on a daily basis. I have a small business that I need it
        for. What I would do differently ?? I would save up some more loot and buy
        the first size up that comes with a fluid cooling system and a larger/better
        motor.

        As it is, I will be doing what this fellow has done:
        http://www.homemetalshopclub.org/projects/sawstand/sawstand.html

        I think I will buy a cart rather than make one. HF has a fluid system as
        does Enco and J&L too.
        With so much use, I think a fluid system added to it will help.
        The next step is to replace the motor with a better one if this one dies at
        some point.

        FWIW/IMHO
        Lenord
        http://www.gototelescopes.com

        > Dear Friends....Looking to purchase a small 4X6 size metal cutting
        > bandsaw. Would like to hear any input from other fellow enthusiasts
        > that have purchased Grizzly/Jet/HF and any other makes. The best
        > value I've found so far has been the HF. Please feel free to share
        > your experiences. Any insight, direction, assistance or
        > recommendations you can offer will be appreciated. You may email me
        > direct if you choose.Thank you all for taking the time to review this
        > request. Kindest Regards - Pete pmark@...

      • Clint D
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 8, 2003
          Pete
          I bought on eat HF for 99.00 a couple of months ago, so far it has been fine

          Clint