Automatic blade disengage

  • smallhand27
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
      To the list, I have an asian brand H/V band saw. Lately while
      cutting in the horizontal mode, after only a short while the blade
      come off the lower wheel. I tightened the bolts at the tensioning
      mechanism but the problem still exists. Any suggestions?
    • Dave J
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        Maybe there is a bearing wear problem on that wheel? Does the
        shaft feel secure when you try to wiggle it? Did you properly
        adjust the blade tracking? Have you tried another blade?

        --- "smallhand27" <smallhand27@y...> wrote:

        > To the list, I have an asian brand H/V band saw. Lately while
        > cutting in the horizontal mode, after only a short while the
        > blade come off the lower wheel. I tightened the bolts at the
        > tensioning mechanism but the problem still exists. Any
        > suggestions?

      • Raymond Hill
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
          Dave,
          The Bi-metal blade is relatively new, only a few
          months old and was working very well up until last
          month. I'll check for bearings this week end.
          Thanks for the response.

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs