Re: Harbor freight catalog number

  • Rex Burkheimer
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2005
      Just call the 800 number to order it, then tell the lady you want "that 4x6 metal bandsaw for $130". They always have 3 or 4 overlapping sale flyers. She will probably come back with "I show a #37151 (or whatever) for $149.95 (ditto). Does that sound right?". If it does, buy it. Otherwise, play dumb with something like " well, I *KNOW* I saw it in one of them catalogs ya'll send out for $129.95 or somethin' like that. Maybe I was thinking of theose Homier guys. Or maybe Northern Tool. Do you have their number? "
      I understand this also works at local stores.

      Good luck

      From: "Dave J" <galt_57@...>
      Subject: Re: Harbor freight catalog number

      Strange. I guess some of the stores are not synchronized with the
      rest. Perhaps since they are each individually managed they can each
      do what they want. My latest flyer says the sale expires July 11.

      --- "Grady" <grady3@c...> wrote:

      >> Just picked one up at my store, and it was 199 here.
      >>
      >> --- Dave J wrote:
      >> I don't think it is currently on sale at the website. The
      >> $169 price has been going at the local stores.

    • Deepinder Singh
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
        Thanks for the suggestions folks especially Rex ,

        I did order the bandsaw from HF  for 149.95 - the lady was actually not very helpful and would not give me prices or comparisons until I specified the entire number including the last 4 digit differentiator. She did transfer me over to their price match department ( I didnt even know they had one for online/telephone orders ) and the person there told the best they could do was $149.95. The number that I was told to use is # 37151-1VGA but it does not show up when you do an 'order from Catalog' via the internet - infact used online it returns 37151-2VGA which is at $199.95. It only works if you call up HF and place phone order .  Strange .. I does bother me how HF has different prices for the same thing but I guess thats the fun of bargain hunting !

        From: 4x6bandsaw@yahoogroups.com [mailto:4x6bandsaw@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rex Burkheimer  wrote

           From: "Dave J" <galt_57@...>