Cylinder thoughts

  • Paul Huffman
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2005
      Hi all. Been reading the posts on cylinders. Thought about making one.
      Wouldn't it be possible to hone some tubing ( or bore and ream/hone
      some material) and make a piston using o-rings. Valve on each end.
      Screw in caps. ANyway, just some thoughts. How about an air cylinder
      out of a bicycle tire pump?
      Paul in OKC
    • HLahantubbe
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2005
        You could possibly use an air cylinder like those they use on car/station wagons for the hatch? I have a couple but haven't had the time to test them. They would not, however, provide a positive lock in the upright position.

        Rabid
        Uncle Rabid (http://www.unclerabid.com)
        We Repair Electronic Speed Controllers
          For Asian Mini Lathes and Mini Mills