Re: Huge Motor!

  • ekdadlec
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2004
      --- In 4x6bandsaw@yahoogroups.com, "pezz351" <pezz351@y...> wrote:
      > Hello Eveybody,
      > This is my first post here. I have been using my bandsaw for about
      2
      > years now. It is definitly the most used tool in my shop.
      >
      > I built new legs and a really nice vertical table for it out of
      > aluminum. I will post pictures soon.

      <snip>
      > Thanks,
      > Michael

      Michael,

      I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your vertical table. I
      just got a bandsaw for free from someone that has more bandsaws than
      he needed. It was built in 1985 but is in real good shape. It has
      some minor surface rust but no pitted areas at all. I'm tearing it
      apart to clean and paint it. I took the cover off of the gear box and
      the gears look to be in excellent shape. One of the first things I
      want to do after I get it back together is to make a vertical table
      for it. It has a nice Dayton 3/4 HP motor on it that looks fairly
      new. Good luck with your motor replacement.

      Ed
    • Bill S
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
        Hello Michael,

        I have a 1hp compresser duty motor on mine its a 3450 rpm and I dont
        have problems any more with stalling when making a cut with coolent
        in 4" AL or steel or any thing eles for that mater. I looked for a
        dual cap. One for start and one for run and it works great Id never
        but thats me. It will cut faster the trade off is it wears faster and
        youl need to do your oil maintance more offten.

        I have pics of it in the album Bill S

        Just my .02 cents worth

        GB

        Bill S