Saw Stands

  • S. Foo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2002
      Hi,

      I uploaded a picture of the quickie saw stand I built. It's 2x4's, a
      piece of plywood, some casters, and a sheet of peg board. Look in
      the "Photos" section on the website.

      The pegboard makes a handy spot for hanging a spare blade or two.
      Since it's angled they stay on unless you bounce the saw around
      really hard. Two of the casters swivel, making it easy to drive
      around the shop (which I have to do frequently cuz of limited
      space).

      Anyone else out there do something similar?
    • Jim E.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22, 2002
        Looks good, but what's wrong with the original stand? Do it see the
        original's legs still attached in the picture?

        Graciously,
        Jim
        Lakewood, CA
        All Hail Rube Goldberg!

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 23, 2002
          no, the original legs are long gone. One day in the shop I stepped
          sideways to grab something without looking and managed to bend the
          leg on one end. So that sort of ended the original legs. On the new
          stand, when I roll it, these legs don't flex and skip a bunch,
          either.