    Apr 21, 2014
      The wheels are large, 3" x 2" wide, and have thumbscrew locks on them. They came off a very heavy steel IBM server cabinet. The frame is 37.5" x 17.5".

      I was able to click the attachment, which opened the yahoo site. Click the thumbnail there and it opens a large image which shows the entire stand + saw.

      On 4/21/14 3:47 AM, Alys & John Vreede wrote:

      Hey Marc

      Not easy to see in the tiny photos they allow us as attachments, but if you post the photos in the Photos section you can (sometimes) blow them up an see whats going on.

      I take it you made a rolling frame to stand the saw on.  The wheels don’t show – how do you stop the whole lot rolling when you’re using it? - jv

      From: 4x6bandsaw@yahoogroups.com [mailto:4x6bandsaw@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of m
      Sent: Sunday, 20 April 2014 3:13 p.m.
      To: 4x6bandsaw@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [4x6bandsaw] Stand [1 Attachment]

      [Attachment(s) from m included below]

      Finally got around to doing something about the stand on my HF 4x6 saw.

      I made a large frame & slapped some wheels on it. I set the saw on top
      of it, and tack welded the corner braces to the frame. Unbolted the
      corner braces from the stand and lifted off the saw. Did some finish
      welds, and bolted the saw back on the stand.

      It's totally solid now, and easy to roll around.

      --
      Marc

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic