13084Re: First saw

  • joe_dirt1966
    Apr 20, 2014
      I have a Northern Tool 4x6.  The bearing guide castings on my saw were terrible.  I ended up milling them and adding adjustment screws.  They were actually worse than the HF saw.

      FYI:  The HF saw can be purchased cheaper with a 20-25% off coupon.

      I have added several modifications to my saw from ideas I gleaned from this site.  It functions very well now.  It has been an indispensable addition to my home metal working hobby.
      If you are lucky enough to have a Northern Tool and a Harbor Freight close by, you should look at both saws in person before making a decision.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic