13080Re: First saw

  • markknx
    Apr 19, 2014

      Greg, wecome to the group. Yes that is the saw we all have a version of. Yes it does have some short commings but they are mostly simple tweeks. The vertical table is fine for light parts but needs to be beefed up for heavier parts. some brands seem to come cutting good ,and square others need to be fine tuned right out of the box. All of this is pretty simple check the file section here for some tips. Also these saws are easy to use,and easy to make mods to. all in all I think for the money great bang for the buck. I would not give mine(from Black Bull) up.

      One last point get some good bi metal blades for it right away, if you use cheep blades you will not enjoy the saw as much.

      Mark

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic