I AM HERE! :O)

  • regenboga@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2001
      Hello Everyone!

      I am Denise Mama to three young men. We are using Rod and Staff curricula in our homeschool and plan to add some CLE later on. I look forward to meeting those of you hear and hearing about what you do in your own homeschools.

      Denise
    • Futuremom68@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 14, 2001
        Hi Denise,
        I am Kim. God mom to two little boys  ages 5,and 2. I was home schooling the
        5 year old until his mom decided to become a public school teacher. I am
        schooling the 2 year old, using Rod,and staff curricula.  I plain on  h.s.
        them during the summer ,as I have done for many years now.
        Personally. when I have my own kids I plain on home schooling thru high
        school. I despite the public system of how they are brain washing the kids .
        To believe that:
        God doesn't exist , and/or belong in school.
        That the government has more control  over  the kids  then the parents.( Mom &
        dad can't discipline me or yell at me because its abuse.) I mean the kids
        have more rights,and  control over us  nowadays. Then they wounder why kids
        are out of control.
        The main reason why I  started  to home school was; while I was working as a
        lunch monitor  for  a public school I started to  see things that bothered my
        sprit. Like Kids  cussing ,back talking ,and using  God name like a slang
        word. Teachers holding the smart students back. There was  this one little
        girl in the 4 grade who wanted to check out a book from the 6 grade section.
        The Teacher told her no. When I asked why, she stated that it was far beyond
        her understanding. This child was my best friends daughter. (WE are real
        close.) I  looked at this book later on and
        I checked it out  for her. She had no problem reading  or understanding it.
        If there is a word she dose not understand she  takes out the dictionary, and
        learns.
        Another thing I did not like is when a child had to go to the restroom they
        have to wait until everyone went.  She had bladder problems as a young child.
        Her mom gave the teacher a note from the doctor ,stating that . The teachers
        were not letting her go when she needed to.  Its like an army camp, you have
        no rights.
        Well, now she is back in public school . Her mothers choice. I hope she dose
        well. But between us, I don't think she will.
        Your friend ,
        Kim

      • regenboga@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 14, 2001
          Yes, there are many problems with the public school system. I am glad that I am able to keep my boys home and let them romp and play when the days are nice and go to the bathroom and snack when thier bodies need to. We have so much fun together!!!!! I can't imagine not homeschooling them!
          We are just using Rod and Staff right now. I was looking into some other things but, when we tried them they didn't work as well as Rod and Staff. I do find it lacking in first grade social studies though... Only because my oldest is nearly 7 and is above little jewel books. My second son is just 5 and although he is reading he is not ready for more than the ABC series. My littlest has scribbled in a few pages of the preschool books but that's it. He colors pctures and makes up stories to his board books for us.
          I struggle in wanting my older two to be two years apart in school.. I need to do what they are ready for though. My oldest needs the 1st grade phonics and math .. I suppose I could tell him he was in second grade anywho huh??? :O)

          Denise