Intro

  • Rhonda Dean
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2000
      Hi, all. I just joined the list and thought I'd introduce myself. I
      have three children I homeschool, 12 yob, 10 yog & 7 yob. We have
      used Rod & Staff for about 3 years now, not the entire curriculum but
      bits and pieces every year. Has anyone used the math for grade 6 or
      higher? I'm thinking of getting it this year and it will be my first
      year to use their math.

      Look forward to hearing your comments.

      Rhonda
    • minuetd@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 17, 2001
        Hello,I'm happy to have found this list!
        My name is Annie and I have a daughter, 12, and 2 sons,9 and 5. I
        used the Rod and Staff pre-school materials and bought some books
        from other levels to experiment with. I'm beginning to really like
        what I see and wish I'd purchased their books earlier. I like the way
        all the science seems to cover the basics of the natural world before
        moving on to more abstract concepts(I think). I also think that I
        will order their math for my 2 younger ones. I would like to ask a
        couple questions.

        One is about their science. has anybody here used the volumes for
        the 5th and 6th graders ( a 2 volume part one and two program about
        nature)? Is it colorful? interesting? Can anyone describe this or
        even their other science programs?

        Also, can the Rod and Staff grade 1 math program be used with a
        kindergarten age child?(my 5 yr old) or is the math an advanced type
        curriculum?

        My other questions are about the upper levels. Is the English
        advanced compared to Abeka? What level would my dd go into after
        completing Abeka Grammar and Composition 1?

        Sorry to bombard everyone. I'm really looking forward to chatting
        with other R&S users!!
        Annie
      • wvmom22
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 11, 2003
          Hi,

          I'm Paula. I recently joined this group. I have two sons ages 7yo
          and 5yo. This will be our second year homeschooling and our first
          year using Rod & Staff. We are still trying to find something that
          works for us. Hopefully this will be it. I look forward to getting
          to know everyone.

          Paula