Re: [4rodandstaffhomesch] Hi Susan and all

  • Susie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
      Good morning Susan,

      I can't say how the 7th grade English has worked out becasue we won't start it till next year, but just by looking at it, it seams that it will do just fine. I figured that if it looked too hard that I could return it, but it doesn't look as though I will need to do that.

      The 10th English looks wonderful!!! There is so much writing information that it is unbelievable! English books usually grill grammar, grammar, and more grammar. Did I mention grammar, and oh...grammar. This book has such wonderful instruction on the how of writing. I have books that are designed to be just for writing that are not near as good.

      Here are the topics that are covered in Communicating Effectively 9 & 10 :
      Mechanics
      Study Skills
      Sentence Grammar
      Writing  an Expository Essay
      Glossary of Usage
      Writing a Short Story
      Substantives
      Improving the Style of a Story
      Verbs
      Writing Description
      Modifiers
      General Reference Sources
      Connecting Words, Interjections, and Idioms
      Parliamentary Procedure
      If you have any questions about any of this, I will answer if I can.

      Thanks for the offer to help with the English, I hope that it won't come to it, but I know who to go to if I need help. You are very kind.

      Talk to you later. I need to go wrap some coins...we're going garage saleing this weekend! Yeah!

      God bless!
      Susie

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
        Guess what! I broke down and ordered :
        7th: English, Reading, and Math
        10th: English
        Plus Young Man, Be Strong

        I am really pleased with these books! My dd said, "Mama if you send
        there back I will have to spank you." LOL She really loves them!

        I also have the 7th spelling that I bought second hand.

        All of these will fit well with the unit studies we will be doing.
        Can you tell that I am happy????

        I hope that this email finds you doing well.
        God bless!
        Susie in MS
      • Susan White