is this group active?

  • amjam01
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
      i see the last post was back in october. i just know that some groups
      dont post often, so i was wondering if anyone is here anymore.....

      Amy
    • Amy Burleigh
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
        i sure hoped to talk with others in rod and staff....... i am going to be getting r&s books in the very near future. i had to post from the site to get an email to my inbox, thats what the names are different. sorry....... i see that in the past there have been several attempts to get the group more chatty.......

        lets go girls....hehe

        Amy
        i see the last post was back in october. i just know that some groups
        dont post often, so i was wondering if anyone is here anymore.....

        Amy

        Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
        Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
        Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/0xXolB/TM

        Shortcut URL to this page:
          http://www.onelist.com/community/4rodandstaffhomesch

      • Lisa Lockes
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002

          Hi Amy,

          I have been a part of this group for 3 years and there is no chat going on.  I think I have help on hoping, but nothing.

          What grade are you doing???  I have lots and I need to sell it if it is the right grade.  I have been packing them around for ever it seems and I don't want to move them again.  We are moving into a new house.  I brought them from WA to Alaska with me.  Just never had time to sell them.

          Have you used R&S befor or is this your first???

          Have a great day.

          Lisa

          >From: "Amy Burleigh"

          >To: <4rodandstaffhomesch@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [4rodandstaffhomesch] is this group active?
          >Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:57:14 -0600
          >
          >i sure hoped to talk with others in rod and
          >staff....... i am going to be getting r&s books in the
          >very near future. i had to post from the site to get an
          >email to my inbox, thats what the names are different.
          >sorry....... i see that in the past there have been
          >several attempts to get the group more chatty.......
          >
          >lets go girls....hehe
          >
          >Amy

        • Amy Burleigh
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
            i have not used any R&S as of yet. but i have been looking at alot of different curriclua for a long time and have found that i like the simple and yet thuroughness of R&S. we have also a super limited income and its not as costly as others. i still have not gotten this years yet because of cash flow, so i use what i have, its lots of old public school books. i cant wait to get the curricula though because its pretty hard to make up your own. to be honest there have been days we just did the super basics because i am not sure what to teach and when.

            i dont know how much you would charge  or even how to go about it. but the boys are in 4th and 1st. (james my oldest is actually doing 3rd grade but is ready for 4th now) i have the pathways readers and really love them.

            so, let me know what you are asking and if you have these grades.

            Amy
            I have been a part of this group for 3 years and there is no chat going on.  I think I have help on hoping, but nothing.

            What grade are you doing???  I have lots and I need to sell it if it is the right grade.  I have been packing them around for ever it seems and I don't want to move them again.  We are moving into a new house.  I brought them from WA to Alaska with me.  Just never had time to sell them.

            Have you used R&S befor or is this your first???

            Have a great day.

            Lisa

            >From: "Amy Burleigh"

            >To: <4rodandstaffhomesch@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [4rodandstaffhomesch] is this group active?
            >Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:57:14 -0600
            >
            >i sure hoped to talk with others in rod and
            >staff....... i am going to be getting r&s books in the
            >very near future. i had to post from the site to get an
            >email to my inbox, thats what the names are different.
            >sorry....... i see that in the past there have been
            >several attempts to get the group more chatty.......
            >
            >lets go girls....hehe
            >
            >Amy

            Community email addresses:
              Post message: 4rodandstaffhomesch@onelist.com
              Subscribe:    4rodandstaffhomesch-subscribe@onelist.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002

              Hi Amy,

              I understand everything you are talking about.  We have been hs for 4 years now and this is the first year I feel like I know what I'm doing.

              I have all of 4th-6th grade.  I will get a list together and let you know what I have and a cost.  I will sell it as cheap as possible so that I don't have to move it again. Ha Ha  Give me at least a week to get the list together.

              If there are amy questions that you want to ask, I will do my best to answer them.

              Have a great day.

              Lisa

            • Debbie L.
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2002
                I'm glad to see some chat going on here! It was
                getting kind of lonely for me...I'm the only person I
                know using Rod&Staff materials!

                I"m using first grade arithmetic w/my son and it's
                working great. He gets so distracted by all the
                illustrations and stories and everything else in other
                programs. Every few weeks we take a break and do some
                pages from Miquon Math, which is also low on the
                distraction factor, but teaches math in a totally
                different way. I'm also using the preschool workbooks
                w/my 4yo dd. I wish I had used those books w/ds when
                he was younger! We also have several of the Little
                Jewel books which are so cute!

                If anyone would like to sell 2nd grade R&S materials,
                or any of the Little Jewel books or their other story
                books I'm interested in buying!

                -Deb

                Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
                http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/