Re: Barbara Carlottii

  • Fedge
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 14, 2013
      The managing director of Beggars France wanted to do more than simply promote and release exclusively what the Beggars labels were doing so he essentially received permission to "sign" a homegrown musician, in the form of Barbara Carlotti. It was agreed to allow Carlotti to fall under the 4AD umbrella. Two albums were released under this arrangement, Les Lys Brisés (2006) and L´Idéal (2008). The catalog numbers for the albums are somewhat modified (DEP 2610 CD & DEP 2807 CD) to reflect the involvement of independent French label Dependent. The music itself it rather pleasant sounding pop sung in French by the lovely Ms. Carlotti. She has since "left" 4AD and her current album L'Amour, L'Argent, Le Vent was released in 2012 by Atmosphériques. The managing director of Beggars Canada has a similar arrangement, in that he releases homegrown talent Michael Hoppé via the Beggars machine.