Modern English UK & European Tour - Can You Help?

  • Richard Anvil Peat
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2011
      Hello, I have found your email address on the web and I wondered if you might be able to help. As a fan I have set up the Modern English website http://site.modernenglish.me/ and fan forum http://imeltwithyou.proboards.com/index.cgi and if you weren't aware the original line up have reformed and last year did a short US tour. I have just been speaking to Steve Walker (keyboard player from Modern English) and the band are eager to organise a UK and European tour for this year but as they are having to organise it all themselves (no tour manager) any help in finding venues that would be interested in holding a Modern English gig would be most welcome. I wondered if you had any '4AD fan' contacts' around the UK and Europe you could forward this request onto? We are aware that Modern English isn't as well known in Europe as they are in the US so venue size of about 200 would be best (no stadiums and no pubs please). If any of your contacts have a venue or have the contact details of a local interested venue to you in the UK or Europe then they can email me at richard.anvil@... .
      Also if anyone is willing to help promote the tour once dates and venues have been arranged they can also also drop me a line.
      Thanks,
      Richard