50 Foot Wave download

  • jo
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2004
      did anyone bother with it? I've not - yet - so haven't heard the songs, although I'm not
      100% sure about 50 Foot Wave, after hearing the songs that make up the second ep -
      they're not as strong or poppy as the first one...

      convince me I should buy it, is what I'm saying :)
    • Alistair Walder
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2004
        I've got it. Not entirely convinced yet.

        Unfortunately, as it's a download I listen to it on my computer, at
        work.
        This means I tend to be doing other things at the same time, and it all
        runs together.
        However in the odd moments I do concentrate fully on it, I can hear some
        good bits. Just wish the artwork had included the lyrics....

        Alistair

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2004
          I can't get past the song where Kristin screams "shut the fvck upppp!" (if that's what she
          says...) these songs just aren't as immediate as say, 'Bug' which to me is a great song, and
          stuck with me pretty much from the first listen - same with 'El Dorado' (I think its called
          that - the one that has a guitar bit which is a bit like The Breeders 'Cannonball').. the rest,
          I'm still working on.. and I don't like 'Dog Days'. At all.