Pixies set to record new album...

  • jo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2005
      according to NME.com

      PIXIES TO MAKE FIRST ALBUM IN 14 YEARS

      Reformed alt-rock legends PIXIES are planning to record their first album in 14 years.

      The band's frontman Black Francis has confirmed the band, who got back together last
      year to huge acclaim, are preparing to make their first studio album since 1991's 'Trompe
      Le Monde'.

      He told contactmusic: "It's all hugs and kisses, I'm pleased to report.

      "We have been discussing recording a new album lately. As happy as we are with the
      success of the reunion tour, we really want to make a record for the right reasons, whether
      it is successful commercially or not."

      He added: "We would be satisfied if it played like our other records, never chart-topping
      but always in print."

      Since the band got back together they have recorded two songs - 'Bam Thwok' - which
      was rejected for the 'Shrek 2' soundtrack and then released as a download-only single,
      and a cover of Warren Zevon's 'Ain't That Pretty At All', which appeared on 'Enjoy Every
      Sandwich', a tribute album to the late singer.

      Pixies headline this year's Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds Festivals between August
      27 and 29.

      Black Francis releases a new solo album under the name Frank Black next week (July 18).
      'Honeycomb' is the first record he's done alone since 1996's 'The Cult Of Ray'.

      http://www.nme.com/news/113023.htm