New file uploaded to 4D_Cubing

  • 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
      group.

      File : /Solutions/IvanTimofeevSolved4dRubik.log
      Uploaded by : temaotheos <temaotheos@...>
      Description : 3^4 Rubik solution 27.06.04

      You can access this file at the URL

      Regards,

      temaotheos <temaotheos@...>
    • 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 2, 2004
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
        group.

        File : /Solutions/magiccube4d-data
        Uploaded by : ejb_ql_org <ejb@...>
        Description : Jay Berkenbilt's 2^4 solution

        You can access this file at the URL

        Regards,

        ejb_ql_org <ejb@...>
      • Marius Mirea
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 7, 2004
          Hello everybody. Sorry for introducing myselfe so late. I am not that much of an Internet comunity member; I do not surf the web very often, nor do I use the e-mail that much.But, as I undrestand, you do not speak to eachother every day either.
          Here is how I came to solve the cube: about two and a half years back I became very interested in the three dimensional (classic) version of the puzzle. I began searching the web on the subject and colecting all the facts that seemed interesting. That is how I found your site. I was marveled of the ideea of the 4D cube and downloaded it. I played with it for a while, never solved it (I did not even know how to solve the 3D cube), and left it. After a while I wrote everithing I had on the cube, including your 4D reprezentation, down on a CD and left it there.
          I found the CD about two months back (meanwile I learned how to solve the 3D cube), and I found on it the 4D cube. I began working on a solution, and in about three or four weeks I learnt how to solve it and came up with a couple of solutions.
          Two weeks ago I begun to wonder if your site still existed, so that I could maybe get an 4^4 or 5^4 cube. That is how I found your site again and sent you the solution.
          I am Marius Mirea, from Romania. I am 22 years old, I am a University student, and I liked the cube quite a bit (probably because I love mathemathics, although I am most certainely not an mathemathics geek as Melinda suggested:)).
          That is my story. Keep in touch.

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 29, 2004
            Hello,

            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
            group.

            File : /Solutions/roice_08-29-04.log
            Uploaded by : roice3 <roice@...>
            Description : A 3^4 solution in 334 twists

            roice3 <roice@...>
          • 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 20, 2004
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
              group.

              File : /Solutions/magiccube4d(491).log
              Uploaded by : andras_ecseki <andras_ecseki@...>
              Description : mirror-file

              Message 6 of 18 , May 3, 2005
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
                group.

                File : /Solutions/magiccube4dlog.txt
                Uploaded by : remigiusz_durka <thesamer@...>
                Description : 2x2x2x2 solution by RemiQ

                remigiusz_durka <thesamer@...>
              • 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 20, 2006
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
                  group.

                  File : /Solutions/NoelChalmersShort4^4.log
                  Uploaded by : dv8_rs <dv8_rs@...>
                  Description :

                  dv8_rs <dv8_rs@...>
                • 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 5, 2011
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
                    group.

                    File : /KleinQuartic.PNG
                    Uploaded by : eduard_baumann <baumann@...>
                    Description : Where is the 24th color? The black exterior? Neighbour of nobody?

                    You can access this file at the URL:

                    Regards,

                    eduard_baumann <baumann@...>
                  • Andrey
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 5, 2011
                      Ligth green. Go from center (1) in direction of any vertex (say, to the center of (9)) and you'll find it.

                      --- In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                      > Hello,

                      > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
                      > group.
                      >
                      > File : /KleinQuartic.PNG
                      > Uploaded by : eduard_baumann <baumann@...>
                      > Description : Where is the 24th color? The black exterior? Neighbour of nobody?
                      >
                      > You can access this file at the URL:

                      > Regards,
                      >
                      > eduard_baumann <baumann@...>

                    • Eduard Baumann
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 5, 2011
                        okay, thanks
                        Ed

                        Ligth green. Go from center (1) in direction of any vertex (say, to the center of (9)) and you'll find it.

                        --- In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                        > Hello,

                        > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
                        > group.
                        >
                        > File : /KleinQuartic.PNG
                        > Uploaded by : eduard_baumann <baumann@...>
                        > Description : Where is the 24th color? The black exterior? Neighbour of nobody?
                        >
                        > You can access this file at the URL:

                        > Regards,
                        >
                        > eduard_baumann <baumann@...>

                      • schuma
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 5, 2011
                          When I was playing Klein's quartic, one of my friend said that it looked like the rose window (stained glass windows found in cathedrals). Here is a gallery:

                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_window#Gallery_showing_stained_glass

                          I would worship it if any church use Klein's quartic or any other regular hyperbolic tiling as a window.

                          Nan

                          --- In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, "Eduard Baumann" <baumann@...> wrote:

                          > okay, thanks
                          > Ed

                        • Melinda Green
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 5, 2011
                            You can find a number of beautiful hyperbolic tilings in the image gallery for they Tyler applet that Don and I wrote. Maybe you will find one that you can worship in private.  :-)

                            -Melinda

                            On 3/5/2011 11:09 AM, schuma wrote:
                            When I was playing Klein's quartic, one of my friend said that it looked like the rose window (stained glass windows found in cathedrals). Here is a gallery:

                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_window#Gallery_showing_stained_glass

                            I would worship it if any church use Klein's quartic or any other regular hyperbolic tiling as a window.

                            Nan

                            --- In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, "Eduard Baumann" <baumann@...> wrote:

                            okay, thanks
                            Ed

                            <*> Your email settings:
                                Individual Email | Traditional

                            <*> To change settings online go to:
                                (Yahoo! ID required)

                            <*> To change settings via email:
                                4D_Cubing-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                4D_Cubing-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          • 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 8, 2011
                              Hello,

                              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
                              group.

                              File : /kqpartial.PNG
                              Uploaded by : eduard_baumann <baumann@...>
                              Description : partially solved klein's quartic

                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 17, 2012
                                Hello,

                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
                                group.

                                File : /Eduard/{3,6} 7C.xml
                                Uploaded by : eduard_baumann <ed.baumann@...>
                                Description : MT coloring 1

                                eduard_baumann <ed.baumann@...>
                              • 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
                                Message 15 of 18 , Dec 17, 2012
                                  Hello,

                                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
                                  group.

                                  File : /Eduard/{4,4} 56C Skew.xml
                                  Uploaded by : eduard_baumann <ed.baumann@...>
                                  Description : MT coloring 2

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Dec 17, 2012
                                    Hello,

                                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the 4D_Cubing
                                    group.

                                    File : /Eduard/{6,3} 4C.xml
                                    Uploaded by : eduard_baumann <ed.baumann@...>
                                    Description : MT coloring 3