49MHz News

  • Fbs1050@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002
      Hi everybody,

      Some news on 49MHz:

      * I put up a new antenna at the club station (a piece of wire that resembles
      a dipole), and I've been getting even more static! I called CQ a few days ago
      and actually got a response which seemed to be (15wpm???) CW. I couldn't copy
      it (I'm not good @ cw), but it seemed to be intellegent, I called QRZ and it
      kept on sending. Was anyone operating CW around then?

      * I'll probably be going to the Dayton Hamvention this year, is anyone else
      planning to go? If so, bring your 49MHz HTs (if you don't have any, travel to
      your nearest Toys 'R Us, I'm not talking about SSB! :) listen around on
      49.8600 for other club members.

      * The 6 meter solar season is coming up soon
      (http://www.qrz.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=3&t=10402), so listen
      around 50MHz and drop an email if you hear anything. Too bad I wasn't into
      49MHz last October! :-(

      * I still have two membership certificates to process - don't worry, they
      weren't lost!

      73,
      Michael
      49H3MA