Re: modified 49 m.h.z. cordless phones

  • Steven Coles
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      Allan,

      I was hoping you'd get some good answers to your question. Failing
      that, here's some observations about a used Radio Shack 43-1107
      cordless phone:

      The MC3361 narrow band FM IF amplifier spec sheet can still be found
      on the net.
      The crystals are labeled 3.58M and 10.1M.
      The ceramic filters are TDK FFE type (105na).
      A number of the trimmer resistors and trimmer capacitors have their
      functions labeled on the PCB (printed circuit board).
      The 12 leads to the RF board have abbreviated function designations
      on the PCB.
      The large shield can be removed by removing 4 screws and wicking off
      2 small solder blobs.
      The 2 smaller shields are attached like a 4-pin through hole DIP and
      easily removed.
      The Rx and Tx areas are marked on the RF PCB.

      If nothing else, the IF section appears usable.

      Best regards,

      Steven

      --- In 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com, "allanegleston"