File - Admin1.txt

  • 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
      These frequencies are the frequencies that the 49MHz ERC suggests you use for hobbyist operations. Because the 49MHz band is shared with military operations, petroleum operations, and the occasional public safety allocation; it's a good idea to stick to these frequencies for operations. They're allocated to Personal Radio.

      49.8300MHz - Recommended Hobbyist Operations Freq
      49.8450MHz
      49.8600MHz - Recommended Hobbyist Operations Freq.
      49.8750MHz
      49.8900MHz
    • 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
            49MHz,

            I've been employed in communication and other RF technologies since
            1968. But I'd forgotten the military use (I remember a brief run-in
            between military and hams on 6 meters from the early 60s now that
            you brought it up).

            I appreciate the reminder.

            Steven
          • 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 4, 2004
                  49Megahertz,

                  To say nothing of it being easier to find each other if we operate
                  on the expected frequencies.

                  But who is ERC? Emergency radio coordinator?

                  Steven

                  --- In 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com, 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 1, 2004
                        Thanks for the input! My base band frequency was alway been 49.860
                        for 13 years. I also use this channel for storm updates, hurricane
                        reports, and also music programs on a occasional summer fun basis.

                        Adam Ebel 49N4AE Virginia Beach VA User since 1994
                        and Chesapeake VA User since 1988.