File - Admin1.txt

  • 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 1, 2003
      These frequencies are the frequencies that the 49MHz ERC suggests you use for hobbyist operations. Because the 49MHz band is shared with military operations, petroleum operations, and the occasional public safety allocation; it's a good idea to stick to these frequencies for operations. They're allocated to Personal Radio.

      49.0200MHz
      49.0800MHz
      49.1000MHz
      49.1600MHz
      49.2000MHz
      49.2400MHz
      49.2800MHz
      49.3600MHz
      49.4000MHz
      49.4600MHz
      49.5000MHz
      49.6700MHz
      49.7700MHz
      49.8300MHz - Recommended Hobbyist Operations Freq
      49.8450MHz
      49.8600MHz - Recommended Hobbyist Operations Freq.
      49.8750MHz
      49.8900MHz
      49.9300MHz
      49.9700MHz
      49.9900MHz
    • 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
              49MHz,

              I've been employed in communication and other RF technologies since
              1968. But I'd forgotten the military use (I remember a brief run-in
              between military and hams on 6 meters from the early 60s now that
              you brought it up).

              I appreciate the reminder.

              Steven
            • 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 4, 2004
                    49Megahertz,

                    To say nothing of it being easier to find each other if we operate
                    on the expected frequencies.

                    But who is ERC? Emergency radio coordinator?

                    Steven

                    --- In 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com, 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 1, 2004
                          Thanks for the input! My base band frequency was alway been 49.860
                          for 13 years. I also use this channel for storm updates, hurricane
                          reports, and also music programs on a occasional summer fun basis.

                          Adam Ebel 49N4AE Virginia Beach VA User since 1994
                          and Chesapeake VA User since 1988.