Re: Finally, some news!

  • Pete Crapia
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2002
      Been looking to get my 49MHz gear back up and running again and will
      probably do so within a couple of weeks.

      I have to ask... what is with the reference to SWR (standing wave
      ratio) on the receive end?? Otherwise, good job on the receive of
      that repeater!!

      Pete

      --- In 49megahertz@y..., Fbs1050@a... wrote:
      I was in
      > Gettysburg, PA this morning (travelling), and I managed to hear the
      147.090
      > ham repeater here in Pittsburgh, PA on my HT at about an SWR of 46.
    • Community Radio Station
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2002
        Hi Pete,

        I think what Mike means to refer to is "RST"
        (Readability / Strength / Tone), although in
        this case (since we're not dealing with CW)
        it would be "RS".

        The "R" scale goes from 1 to 5 to signify the
        quality (readability of the signal) from UNreadable
        to 'Perfectly Readable (with no difficulty)', and
        the "S" scale goes from 0 (zero) (actually 1) to 9
        to relate the relative strength of the signal at
        the receiving station.

        The "T" scale again goes from 1 to 5 and signifies the
        quality of the single tone Morse Code, from raspy with
        key clicks and AC ripple - basically a VERY dirty tone,
        to a 5 which signifies a PURE DC tone (or as close as
        anyone can get to that ideal)...

        But then you knew all this already... :)
        Thanks for the bandwidth...

        49C6GT

        --
        SEND ALL REPLIES TO:

        Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges
      • Pete Crapia
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 21, 2002
          That's what I thought he was trying to say, I just had to ask :)

          Pete