SSTV and RTTY : Makes 49 MHz Be Digital

  • Adam E
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26 1:01 AM
      Folks,

      I have some great news, I found a way to be digital with my 49 MHz rig. I downloaded MMSSTV and Hamscope yesterday, and I installed it and I used it to send practice transmissions from the sound card to the 49 MHz transmitter. I did a SSTV transmission via 49 MHz and sent one of my photos of me and my girlfriend during Thanksgiving to another computer with the Pro 96 receiver. My days of being AM mode analog are almost over. The hamscope software gave me a chance to send a 7 day forecast over the air on 49.860 MHz using BPSK. This technology made it possible to create a non internet messenger using 2 channels to have me and Tina communicate with each other without the internet or cell phones. I can write a paragraph, or send a picture now over 49 MHz. I should of done this along time ago. Ham radio software is not just for hams anymore. You can also take a external speaker and couple it with the FM transciever and do this too as well. 49 MHz and part 15 is another form of ham radio without the license that not everyone can get. And no I am not sending nothing private over the air it's publicy available, just get the software and connect your radio and learn more about it.

      Have a great weekend!

      http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/