Spam Issue Here and Need Ways To Establish Better Communications

  • Adam E
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2011
      I have seen that there is a spam issue going on here. Has anyone over here notice? Looks like spambots are being pests here.

      Now my idea, is that 49 MHz needs to go digital, but how? I am trying to figure that out. If possible then the communications can be encrypted or unencrypted. Also with digital mode communications there could be a way to use a codec to encode and decode video or data. I could use Digital Radio Monodiale on 49 MHz to broadcast a experimental transmission. 49 MHz requires at least 5 kHz of bandwidth which will be good for DRM 2 way communications. Sounds like a good idea? Let me know.

      Adam Ebel
      Virginia Beach, VA
    • Skip Talker
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2011
        I'll throw out an idea, google WSPR, for Weak Signal Propagation Reporter.

        It is an automated program that can send signals and copy them and reports them back to a database. It is for hams but some are using it in the 138 Khz and 500 Khz unlicensed bands. It would require more stable equipment then typical 49 Mhz stuff. Would be USB also,. Can you legally use a converted ham radio?

        To: 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 15, 2011
          for part 15 ? I don't think so however nothing stops you from building your own transmiter
          If I had the time I would do it for PSK-31 since it is so  easy to generate and decode

          To: 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com