What Frequencies Should We Reserve For Emergencies?

  • Adam E.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2009
      I have a question to see if I am right about this. Do we leave
      the main channel Channel C 49.860 MHz open for survival and emergency
      communications? You never know what is going to happen and we need to keep this channel open for emergency/natural disaster communications and public alerts. I will be just using the other frequency for the 1 way transmission called 49.405 MHz since there are not a lot of users
      on that frequency for a 49 MHz broadcast. I am sorry that I don't have
      access to a baby monitor to use 49.890 MHz. We need to talk about this even when Hurricane Season and Lightning Warnings are in the area.

      Adam E 49N4AE