49.00 mhz is still being used.

  • Ask your mom.
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2008
      Im a radio moniter and i mointer alot of the spectrum. I desided to
      moniter the 49mhz's and picked up what may have been a baby moniter an
      at the same time i heared a computer log on to the net, knowong that i
      was armed with a laptop n a wifi card i turned on my laptop and started
      to search for a wi fi contact and i got on, thanx to monitering the
      scanner.
    • Adam E.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2008
        Hi,

        Welcome to the club here, I have been monitoring the 49 MHz band
        since 1993 and most of the activity since then was toy walkie talkies
        used by kids and baby monitors. I have a hobbyist user of the
        walkie talkies since 1988 and ever since I used them I wanted to get
        in touch with others by using a scanner to monitor activity beyond my
        location. I am working on dipole antennas and wire antennas for 49
        MHz. Not to be paranoid here, but most spies and people who don't
        want to be licensed use toy walkie talkies ever since then. You can
        find gear on ebay and thrift stores that cover the frequency 49.860
        MHz.

        Ok got to go glad to have you here. Have Fun!

        Adam E.

        --- In 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com, "Ask your mom."