anyone home?

  • bruce mallon
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 20 5:28 PM
      anyone ?

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • michael tyler
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 20 6:17 PM
        monitoring the group.....:)
        --- bruce mallon <wa4gch@...> wrote:

        > anyone ?

        > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

        www.wa8ywo.com

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Peter Abraham - KB7INO
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 20 7:25 PM
          It has been kinda quiet... no activity for months.
          Maybe things will pick up as summer approaches.

          We should start planning to set some new distance
          records this summer, last year I went to 1.1 miles...
          maybe this year I need to find a big field to try to
          break that record!

          --- bruce mallon <wa4gch@...> wrote:

          > anyone ?

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        • Facility 406 DM09
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 20 7:28 PM
            Seems the fellow running the list isn't... Many of my messages, and most
            likely this one too, won't make it because he hasn't been around a few
            months to approve some of them.

            Kurt

            : Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
            : http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            :
          • allan egleston
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 20 8:48 PM
              --- Peter Abraham - KB7INO <kb7ino_egroups@...>
              wrote:

              > It has been kinda quiet... no activity for months.
              > Maybe things will pick up as summer approaches.
              >
              > We should start planning to set some new distance
              > records this summer, last year I went to 1.1
              > miles...
              > maybe this year I need to find a big field to try to
              > break that record!
              >
              > --- bruce mallon <wa4gch@...> wrote:
              >
              > > anyone ?
              > > hello, My name is Allan , kf6uxj , I live in
              sonora ca and will be playing with narrow band tv on
              49.86 . 74 de Allan kf6uxj

              > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

            • michael tyler
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 20 8:51 PM
                Peter, i am new to the group. can you talk alittle
                about your experiments? are you using part 15
                equipment only? any mods?....thanks..mike
                wrote:

                > It has been kinda quiet... no activity for months.
                > Maybe things will pick up as summer approaches.
                >
                > We should start planning to set some new distance
                > records this summer, last year I went to 1.1
                > miles...
                > maybe this year I need to find a big field to try to
                > break that record!
                >
                > --- bruce mallon <wa4gch@...> wrote:
                >
                > > anyone ?

                > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

                www.wa8ywo.com

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • Wise Guy
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 20 9:15 PM
                  I am here, I thought it would be cool to take pics and list baby
                  monitors in the photos section along with model number, available specs etc.

                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                • Alan Giles
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 20 10:21 PM
                    I was thinking of posting a similar message myself. Seems very quiet.

                    Best wishes from London, Alan

                    --- In 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com, bruce mallon <wa4gch@...> wrote:

                    > anyone ?

                    > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

                  • bruce mallon
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 21 4:43 AM
                      I just bought several 49 mhz HT and im getting ready to play with them FCC ID number is l2599116 and walgreens here in Seminole Fl had some left over from Christmas.

                      I was thinking of posting a similar message myself. Seems very quiet.

                      Best wishes from London, Alan

                      --- In 49megahertz@ yahoogroups. com, bruce mallon <wa4gch@...> wrote:

                      > anyone ?

                      > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

                    • Fernando Krouwel
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 21 10:22 AM
                        Hi folks, good afternoon:

                        Wow! Signs of life in this group!!!

                        Fernando - PY2ETT

                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 21 2:37 PM
                          Hello, I'm new to the group.

                          --- In 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com, bruce mallon <wa4gch@...> wrote:

                          > anyone ?

                          > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

                        • Michael
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 21 9:02 PM
                            Hm, that's bizarre - every once in a blue moon I'll get an email from Yahoo to approve a
                            pending message, but certainly not frequently, and you've been a member of the 49MHz
                            list long enough that you shouldn't have to have your messages approved anyway. Please
                            shoot me an email at this address if it happens again, sounds like something might be
                            going wrong with Yahoo, or maybe emails are getting caught in my spam filter.

                            Thanks,

                            Mike

                            --- In 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com, "Facility 406 DM09" <facility_406@...> wrote:

                            > Seems the fellow running the list isn't... Many of my messages, and most
                            > likely this one too, won't make it because he hasn't been around a few
                            > months to approve some of them.
                            >
                            > Kurt

                          • Peter Abraham - KB7INO
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 21 10:41 PM
                              Hi,

                              My radio is a Maxon 49-SA, which I got in the late
                              80s.
                              It is one of those single channel head-set radios.

                              Well I modified it by removing the head set and adding
                              an PL259 antenna connector and a 1/8" jack for audio.

                              For an antenna, I used a ham radio one.
                              I used a 5/8 wave 2 meter antenna, which also
                              resonated on 6 meters... which is right above 49 MHz.

                              That was my transmitter.

                              My receiver I used a ham radio an IC-703, it is able
                              to listen to 49 Mhz. I also used the same type
                              antenna on my car.

                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 22 3:35 AM
                                As soon as I have some free time im going to put back up a base for 49.86 right now my day starts at 4 am ......

                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 22 4:49 AM
                                  I have a tower about 3 miles from my house that has an
                                  average height above terrain of 1000 ft and I am
                                  thinking about putting a base there on 49.860 and link
                                  to it via FRS....both are part 15 so should not get
                                  into tooo much trouble doing that...we should see band
                                  openings in the next couple years ...i'll bet i get
                                  "you cant do that"!! from a bunch of people...thanks.
                                  --- bruce mallon <wa4gch@...> wrote:

                                  > As soon as I have some free time im going to put
                                  > back up a base for 49.86 right now my day starts at
                                  > 4 am ......

                                • Rascal Coyote
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 22 2:49 PM
                                    Thank you.

                                    --- In 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <kb3hfp@...> wrote:

                                    > Hm, that's bizarre - every once in a blue moon I'll get an email from Yahoo to approve a
                                    > pending message, but certainly not frequently, and you've been a member of the 49MHz
                                    > list long enough that you shouldn't have to have your messages approved anyway.
                                    Please
                                    > shoot me an email at this address if it happens again, sounds like something might be
                                    > going wrong with Yahoo, or maybe emails are getting caught in my spam filter.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks,
                                    >
                                    > Mike
                                    >
                                    > --- In 49megahertz@yahoogroups.com, "Facility 406 DM09" <facility_406@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Seems the fellow running the list isn't... Many of my messages, and most
                                    > > likely this one too, won't make it because he hasn't been around a few
                                    > > months to approve some of them.
                                    > >
                                    > > Kurt

                                  • Rascal Coyote
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 22 2:54 PM
                                      Wow, and I thought I had early starts for work.

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Feb 22 7:52 PM
                                        Back in the late 70's I had a base up 30 foot on a pole the entire transceiver was mounted with only a control cable into the shack it worked very well ......

                                        href="mailto:49megahertz%40yahoogroups.com" target=_blank rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:49megahertz%40yahoogroups.com">49megahertz@ yahoogroups. com
                                        > Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:37:15 PM
                                        > Subject: [49MHz] Re: anyone home?
                                        >
                                        > Hello, I'm new to the group.