newbies in da house...

  • asczavala
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2006
      hey all,

      just chiming in to say hello! this will be our first 48 hour film and
      we're totally stoked. we're artistfilm.com from the peninsula/south
      bay. if you care to offer any pointers, tips, admonitions, anecdotes,
      we're open to all of it :)

      - ana
    • John David
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2006
        Hi Ana,

        I'm very glad you decided to draw a hand from the 48HFP deck!  I hope it turns out to be a lucky one, but win or lose, the point of this competition is really just to bring the Bay Area filmmaking community together in an interesting way, provide an interesting learning opportunity, and celebrate the fun of filmmaking.  It's good to see you already have the right attitude!

        This forum is a good way to share ideas and thoughts with other participants.  Note:  the past has shown that specific questions to this list will get more response than general requests for advice.  Also, we'll be hosting a meet+info night sometime in the next several weeks, which will be a great time to meet other teams, network and look for team members, and ask me (in person) any questions you may have.  Stay tuned for info on that...

        I'm looking forward to meeting you soon!

        All the best,

        JD
        SF Local Producer
        48 Hour Film Project

        On 5/2/06, asczavala <asczavala@...> wrote:
        hey all,

        just chiming in to say hello!  this will be our first 48 hour film and
        we're totally stoked. we're artistfilm.com from the peninsula/south
        bay. if you care to offer any pointers, tips, admonitions, anecdotes,
        we're open to all of it :)

        - ana

        Filmmaking college Filmmaking course Filmmaking school
        Filmmaking class Filmmaking schools Filmmaking

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Jason Denzel
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2006
          Hi everyone,

          I won't be doing the 48 hour film project this year, but wish everyone
          the best of luck. I participated a few years ago and our team won a few
          awards (Audience Choice and Best Acting).

          I wrote a long blog entry back then about the entire event right after
          we finished. There are probably some good tips in there for anybody
          participating.

          Best of luck to everyone. Here's the link:

          http://www.jasondenzel.com/Blog/2004_05_01_arch.php

          BTW-- (shameless plug), feel free to check out our production company
          website at http://www.argonaut-ent.com/

          Take care
          Jason Denzel